Culinary Retreats in Unique Vacation Destinations
Over the past 10 years, the Conscious Gourmet Core Program Retreats have proven to be the most popular for both the well-seasoned cook and novice. Master your skills in health supportive cooking and theory while enjoying the amenities of a vacation destination with like-minded people from across the globe. Past retreats have been held in Sedona, Aspen, the Catskill and Pocono Mountains, Asheville, Santa Fe, Tucson, Rye and Miami Beach.
Core Program Retreats include both culinary classes and lecture classes. Daily four-hour hands-on culinary classes include the orchestration and preparation of a mostly vegetarian meal (one class includes fish)—free of the most common allergy producing foods such as wheat, dairy and refined sugar. Each class includes a delicious meal so you can taste the satisfying results
You will master
- knife skills and knife sharpening techniques
- hands-on preparation of four menus from soup to desert
- techniques for preparing delicious
- non-dairy “cream” soups
- salads and vinaigrettes
- grain, bean and pasta dishes
- Seasonal vegetables
- calcium-rich greens
- mouth-watering desserts
- selection and use of high quality fats
You will learn how to
- make the most of your time in the kitchen
- stock your pantry with the highest quality health supportive ingredients
- create a master plan or map to guide you through the menu preparation
- cook once and eat twice
- use spices and herbs effectively
Discover a whole new way to think about food and how to make conscious food choices that support your personal goals.
- the impact of our food choices on our physical, mental and emotional health
- three levels of food consciousness, the use of intention, and how to become an educated consumer and conscious gourmet
- practical Eastern and Western nutritional models such as expansive/contractive, acid/alkaline, the allergy addiction cycle and Five Element Dietary Theory
- ABC’s of menu planning and how to prepare meals that balance YOU
- how to identify and manage food cravings and binges and eliminate the toxic bloat that often accompanies it
- the connection between food and mood
- how to maintain or lose weight, often the result of a healthy diet
- underlying health conditions that often sabotage our best efforts to maintain a health supporting diet
- local and Internet resources for health-supportive foods, condiments, kitchen staples and more!
Agendas are arranged so you will have free time to explore your vacation destination’s unique offerings on your own or with the group.
Most retreats begin at 5:00 p.m. on the first day and complete on the final day at approximately 1:00 p.m. (site specific).
Most mornings begin with a whole foods breakfast (site specific). Cooking classes are in the morning or afternoon and include a noontime or evening meal so you can feast on the satisfying results. Some sites include yoga or movement classes (site specific)
The Program Fee Includes the following (site specific)
- knife skills class (knives supplied for your use during program)
- daily hands-on cooking classes
- daily breakfast
- Conscious Gourmet logo apron
- binder with recipes and lecture/workshop handouts
- morning yoga or movement class
Not included in the program fee:
- car rental or shuttle/taxi services
- accommodations (site specific)
- meals or beverages (that are not listed above)
- additional tours or services beyond the itinerary
If you choose to participate in activities during program hours, no deductions, allowances or substitutions will be made for the time missed in class.
Register by calling Diane at 917-975-9721 or e-mail email@example.com. Include your name, address and phone number and your selected program location.
A non-refundable, non transferable, $250 deposit by check or PayPal confirms your space.
- Your balance is due 60 days prior to class start date
- Accommodations fee (where applicable) is payable in full 60 days prior to start date
- Registration 59 days or less before the start date requires payment in full
Upon receipt of your deposit, your enrollment will be confirmed by e-mail (or mailed hard copy if requested) along with an itinerary, driving directions, accommodation resources and retreat week details to make your journey as easy and enjoyable as possible.
If our retreats don’t fit your travel schedule, select a Pick-A-Date personal retreat in Santa Fe or Tucson!
Who Attends the Retreats
People of all ages and experience levels who have a spirit of adventure, love to eat and/or cook, and choose to do it healthfully — singles, couples, mothers and daughters, fathers and sons, sisters, groups of friends.
The Perfect Gift
Cooking retreats make a perfect gift — Birthdays, Mother’s Day, Anniversaries, Father’s Day, Christmas or Hanukkah, Graduations — or, for no reason at all!
Click here to read our cancellation and refund policy.
We recommend purchasing travel insurance through the Internet such as Travel Guard whose travel insurance plans offer coverage for trip cancellation, travel interruptions and delays, emergency medical and health expenses, lost baggage and more.